March 20, 2020 by rhccdaycamp
March 20, 2020
Hoping everyone is keeping well.
At the Richmond Hill Country Club Day Camp, we are focused on our responsibility for the health and safety of everyone who is participating in our 2020 camp, including all of our campers, staff and service providers. We realize how we deal with the protocols to ensure minimizing any exposure impacts the entire families related to our Camp attendees.
The outbreak of COVID-19 Pandemic is unprecedented and is changing on a daily basis. We are monitoring this situation on the same basis as you are and need a few more weeks to determine if and how this year’s camp season will be impacted by this Pandemic.
The current schedule for our Camp schedule is still uncertain. We may need to extend or shorten the schedule and are prepared to be flexible for a successful camp season. On this basis we are providing the following amendments to the registration terms.
We are writing today to let you know about the approach that we are taking at the Richmond Hill Country Club Day Camp to keep our campers safe and healthy at camp.
- In order to ensure a safe experience for everyone at Richmond Hill Country Club Day Camp, we are consulting with our local public health unit, York Region Public Health, and we are working with the Ontario Camps Association to ensure we are following best practices. We will continue to look to both the experts in Public Health and the Ontario Camps Association guidance for the most up to date information. We realize this will be the new normal and will ensure we maintain this vigilance for the entire camp season.
- Protocols and recommendations to you and your family in assisting us with a healthy summer will be shared with you in the coming months.
- We are extending the final payment date from May 1st to May 21st, and also extending your right to terminate from May 1st to May 21st to give you the ability to be confident and comfortable sending your children to Camp.
- In regards to interruption of operation of the Camp as a result of the Pandemic, all or any portion of the camp that will be cancelled, we will prorate your Camp fees and issue credits for the unused period of this cancellation. We want to ensure everyone that we are in this together and we will provide full co-operation with everyone to act accordingly. You have our assurance that this year is a challenge for everyone; however, it is also important to work towards offering children as normal a year as possible which obviously includes the GREAT experience Camp offers.
- In the coming weeks, we encourage you to watch our Instagram account as we will be announcing our Senior Staff, who are preparing for the upcoming summer. We are introducing this year new programming, including storytelling, STEM, drama, golf, badminton, squash, to name a few. We remain hopeful for the future and recognize that your only concern at this time needs to be for you and your entire family to stay safe.
The team at the Richmond Hill Country Club Day Camp can still be reached via telephone or email. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. In the meantime, stay healthy.
Camp Director, R.H.C.C. Day Camp